Tuesday, March 06, 2007

I am no longer a virgin. A serger virgin, that is. That one-night stand back in '02 didn't count. This is True Love, and this is forever!!!

I have been wanting a serger for-EVER, and I finally just went out and got me one. This baby:
A Janome 744D. AKA, the COOLEST little doohicky in the UNIVERSE!!

I had it for a month or so, too chicken to bust it out, but finally did it, and whipped out two tops (Burda 8361 , for the curious). OMG. WHY WHY WHY did I not get one of these YEARS ago!! I knew they were the shit, but I DIDN'T REALLY KNOW!! All that wasted time! Wah! I am now spending all my plotting and planning time running through my stash, trying to match ideas and fabrics, to come up with outfits that will not need the touch of the sewing machine at ALL, so I can just whip things out on my NEW SERGER! :D

Oh, yeah, the tops:

We will ignore the fact that apparently I have forgotten the art of a pleasant smile, and am glaring at us like a she-witch.

4 comments:

Katie Jean said...

just found your link through crafster. Great job on those shirts! I've been dying to get a serger too, the last time I used one was when I was in 4H like 15 years ago!

muralimanohar said...

Hi! Thanks for the comment! Sergers ROCK! lol Who are you on Craftster?

Paperdaisies said...

My mum has a serger (or as we call them in Aus, an overlocker). As a kid I used to be scared of using it because it has a blade that cuts the fabric!! It could cut off my finger!! But when I was home last, I overcame my fear of them and used it to finish all the seams inside a tiered skirt I made...I love it!

If only I had one of my own!

-Rosie
ps. Thanks so much for the comment on my blog! It's still a new little blog but I think I love it! I appreciate the time you took!

muralimanohar said...

Well, we call them overlockers in the US, too.. I have no idea why there are two names! lol

And I was serious in your blog! You really are talented! :D

Related Posts with Thumbnails