Sunday, November 02, 2008

Peach-Mango Crisp..



The peaches have arrived, and the mangos are still going..and they go so goooood together!! :p A recipe of sorts, to go with it..


Peach-Mango Crisp or Apple...that one was damn good, too. :D

6 or so cups of cut up fruit...whatever is in season

a couple tablespoons of flour

a half tablespoon or so of cinnamon

half that of nutmeg

sweetener of choice, adjusted to the tartness of the fruit. Obviously, if you have sour fruit, you are going to need more. Just saying. Cause otherwise you might find yourself loading the sugar into the cream before whipping, to balance it back out. Ask me how I know. :p


Toss together well. Load into your baking pan...slightly heaped is best. Dot with little pats of butter.


Topping

1 1/2-2 cup flour

cinnamon and nutmeg to taste

1/2 c butter or so

sugar, or whatever


Rub it all together, to resemble fine breadcrumbs. Put on top of the fruit, spread it around evenly, and slightly press down. Bake for 1/2 hour or so, til the top goes a nice golden.

Serve with a scoop of whipped cream, or ice cream, or whatever your choice. Yogurt is pretty yummy, too. :D

Edit 1: I made this with canned peaches the other day, and just as yummy.

Edit 2: I've submitted this to Fun and Food Cafe's Vegetarian Thanksgiving recipe carnival!! Jump on over and have a peek at all the other options...Yum! :p

___________________________________________________________________


I've joined in over at Confessions of a Craft Addict, for Thankful for 30...30 days of gratitude. I am expecting to do as well as...well, Blogtoberfest. :p IE, I left big holes in the schedule all over the place. We'll see how I go. lol

First Gratitude: My babies are all well and healthy today.

11 comments:

Leah said...

Murali, that is absolutely scrumptious looking. And I'm totally doing Thankful for 30! It's a lovely idea.

Liesl said...

That looks delish!

Gingham Skies said...

I'm going to have to stop looking at "This is..." posts, I want to eat everything I see!

Kim -today's creative blog said...

THAT looks so good!

Deeba PAB said...

Great post MM...it's great to see peaches & mangoes while the rest of the globe gets into pumpkins & apples. Make hay while the sun shines...good for you!

floresita said...

That looks so delicious! Thanks for making my stomach growl! :)

Laura @ the shorehouse. said...

Mmm....apple I'm in!

It's a bit of a miserable weather weekend here in NJ so I think the oven will be fired up tomorrow for a baking project of some sort. We'll see what happens.

Thanks for sharing this yummy recipe!

Mansi said...

thanks for your comment on my blog!

This mango peach crisp looks delicious! perhaps you should send this in for my vegetarian thanskgiving event!!:)

Nic said...

This looks so good and easy too! I'll have to wait until next year for decent peaches, lucky you to be getting summer.

Stephanie said...

Mmm! My daughter loves both peaches and mangos and so would LOVE this! Thanks :)

Lexi:: PottyMouthMama said...

Oh dear. I wish I'd never seen this. Looks totally delicious. Now it's going to call to me 'til I make it. YUM!

Related Posts with Thumbnails