Thursday, June 26, 2008

Help help help...

So I went and joined a pincushion swap over on Craftster.



Except, apparently, I haven't been paying attention, and the bar has been completely raised in the pincushion dept.






I had no idea what I was letting myself in for.





I guess this is why I craft, though...it's the challenge of the whole thing!



And the individuality and creativity....who says pincushions have to be sweet and charming??


They can be super simple..


To as complicated and fiddly as you want to make it (that's a thimble there, folks!)


I think this particular one totally rocks.


It's a 3-D interpretation of Tim Burton's Pincushion Queen. You can't see it, but it even has the little pincushions on the top of the chair. :p


To make matters worse, my partner is Hoxierice. Hello..I have to match up to THAT?? :p





I joined the swap because I really need a new pincushion.


And yes, my pins are color graded. Doesn't EVERYONE do that?? Oh, and the white ones are the ones I pinched from Collette Dinnigan..If anyone is curious, the pins used by a fashion goddess for the creation of her heavenly confections, basically suck. :p They are the same as the crappy bulk ones you get in any five and dime. I feel so much better about myself. Rofl.

I have been feeling itchy to create lately, but with no direction...I guess this is a sign I need to pick up my game? :lol:

This here, though, is one pincushion I am happy to know nothing about. Ouch. Poor little guy (or girl...can't tell.)



Credits:
1. Anna Maria Horner
2. Beth's Bagz
3 and 6. Laurie's Charming Designs
4. Paper Pony
5. Sownlove
7. Roadside Pictures
8. RoseyPoseyConfections
9. Llama/PJ
10. Alleluja
11. Draußen nur Kännchen!
12. MimiK
13. Silverlining
14. KatarinaW
15, 16, 17. Hoxierice
19. Not sure..was saved in my folders.

11 comments:

Lilli in Vancouver said...

What a great challenge! You'll really grow from this one. I'm sure you'll make something amazing :)

onesilentwinter said...

Wow, how creative and beautiful-can't wait to see what you come up with!

okay that dog picture is way too sad!

Chole White said...

I love how your pins are color coded. Mine are "type" coded so I only grab the type I want without having to hunt for it.

Little Miss Flossy said...

Far out brussel sprout... those are some pretty amazing pincushions! Of course my pins are colour-coded, and my threads and my vintage sheets and the clothes in my wardrobe LOL

The House That A-M Built said...

Aren't they just amazing! It's great that you joined the swap... you are doing something that scares you and that is good! I think you are supposed to grow from getting outside your comfort zone! Me? .... love the comfort zone! A-M xx

Kim -today's creative blog said...

so what did you come up with for your pin cushion? Those were interesting. I had no idea.

muralimanohar said...

I've got two ideas, so far (I'm supposed to send two...or was it three?? Better check on that!), but I'm not spilling..one, because I always think my work is not all that great, so it will be better received if it's sprung all at once, rather than teasing, and then a big letdown...oh..is THAT all?? and two, because it's highly likely I will change my mind and do something else! lol For all I know, my brilliant ideas are going to totally bomb, and then I will have to start over again! :p

Barbara said...

You are more ambitious than I am... You know those tomato pincushion you can pick up ANYWHERE? That's what I use... although Martha Stewart had some cute strawberry christmas tree ornaments last year that I bought and use as pincushions.

muralimanohar said...

Lol....I had a friend comment to me once about how creative and make do I was...cause my pincushion that I worked with was a wad of rags, bunched inside a piece of muslin, and then a thread all wrapped around to close it, leaving the ends as a "tail". :P That was my pincushion for years, and prob still would be if I had brought it with me from Hawaii! lol

Patty said...

I think you will create a fantastic pincushion and I can't wait to see it!

ironik said...

they are all great! i like them a lot, especially that inspired from Tim Burton's illustration.

Related Posts with Thumbnails