Saturday, May 05, 2007

Moving SUCKS!!

If anybody out there has been wondering why I dropped off the face of the earth, well, it was because I was in the middle of moving. And in this case, moving didn't just mean pack up one house and land in the next. Nope. It involved painting, sanding, floorsanding, repairing, etc etc etc. Ugh.

I'm only halfway finished. So far, we have ripped up the carpet and sanded the floors in all the main rooms, and painted most of them. We still need to paint all the trims, cupboards, extra rooms, re-lay a kitchen floor, and redecorate, cause we moved from a house a 3rd of the size of this one, and we don't have enough stuff to fill this one comfortably! Can't say I am crying too hard about the redecorating part, anyway. :D

Here's the preview, as you walk into the house. You can't tell, but all the walls inside have been painted a nice, subtle, creamy offwhite. That hideous, revolting yellow you can see on the sides is what the color USED to be, in most of the house!
























On the bright side, here's my new sewing room!! All to myself!! No sewing on the floor, or off the kitchen table, or down the side of the bed!! Woohoo!!

4 comments:

Quinn said...

Oh, can we see more photos! That looks gorgeous.

Becka said...

You will be amazed at how often you will travel out of that room to cut across your bed and on the floor. I have a HUGE sewing room and just can't keep myself contained to it.

muralimanohar said...

Actually, yeah, my preferred cutting place is the livingroom floor. :p I watch movies while cutting. But I used to have to sew while sitting on the floor in the corner of the bedroom, or on the livingroom floor....not anymore!! I have a whole setup now, lol!

LimonVerde said...

Oh what a nice floor. love love love. I would paint it to white ;)

Related Posts with Thumbnails