Saturday, December 29, 2007

Following the crowd....



So I have been seeing these everywhere lately, and when I was trying to come up with appropriate presents for a little artist girl, obviously this totally fit the bill:



I had no idea it would be so hard to find 13 different color fabrics that didn't make me want to gag. Seriously. Dh was very unamused how long it took me to get out of Spotlight.

I promise, it's actually straight and even....I just couldn't get the freaking thing to balance well in the wind.

Luckily, I have plenty of fabric left, cause now dd, my own resident artist, desperately wants one (yes, yes, I know, I should have made her one already, for Christmas, but geez....that meant I would have had to try come up with something for the boy, too, and I was already done for in the male presents department!)

2 comments:

Elizabeth said...

Gah! I know what you mean about choosing the fabric for those pencil rolls. I made one a couple of months ago and it took me twice as long to choose fabrics as it did to actually sew the thing. Yours turned out great! I love the way you made the pocket and background out of the same fabrics.

muralimanohar said...

Hmm... I made it from memory, and I thought it was SUPPOSED to be all the same color, lol! :p I much prefer it like that, though, too.

Related Posts with Thumbnails