Monday, September 29, 2008

A wedding...



A wedding over the weekend..Aside from making me feel old as the hills, seeing as I met the bride when she was still in diapers (or pretty damn near..), it was a beautiful day.

It was also a very DIY day, so beautifully done. The bride made the cake..



..the bridesmaids' dresses (the one in front is my own oft-mentioned SIL)..


..and her own dress. Have a better look at it..it's worth a click!



Everything else was also done by family and friends (these cupcakes courtesy of my SIL..a fantastic cook. The icing was SO yummy...and I don't usually like icing.:p )...except the celebrant, of course. Who, actually, was also a good friend of one of the friends. :p



We had a great day...tons of good food (and drinks..non alcoholic, of course...but we were all SO hot, the drinks were a definite standout, rofl!), all our friends, and then the fun and games...between the volleyball and the soccer, dh and ds are walking like old men today. I, personally, sat like a lump on any available chair all day. I was WIPED, lol.



The kids got to be painted...the girls mostly chose butterflies and flowers..



..and the boys mostly chose spiders, beetles, and Maori face tats. :p



Congratulations, Nanda and Vani...may you have a long and happy life together, under the Lord. Thank you for a wonderful day.


9 comments:

Tonya said...

It sounds like a beautiful day! I love all of the dresses, were they all handmade? Just curious,I notice you and your family have unusual names. They are beautiful, I love Murali. Just wondering the origins of them.

trash said...

I love DIY weddings. Those dresses look beautiful.

Liesl said...

What a beautiful bride and everyone looks so happy. Fancy making her own cake too. It looked amazing (I'd be too stressed to make my own cake before the big day!).

Cindy said...

What a clever bride. It looks like it was a beautiful day. I love the kids faces too - so cute!

CurlyPops said...

It's all so beautiful...
It's all even more lovely knowing that everything was handmade rather than just bought.

Stephanie said...

I can't believe she made all of that herself. What a beautiful couple!

Lexi:: PottyMouthMama said...

What a beautiful wedding - everything looks so perfect. I love hearing about people that have so much involvement in their wedding days. The bride is gorgeous. Swoon!

Leah said...

Incredibly lovely. I also love DIY weddings--I had one myself.

onesilentwinter said...

beautiful!

Related Posts with Thumbnails