Saturday, November 22, 2008

Shameless, shameless self-promotion..


Look...over there...on the right...I did it. I opened my Etsy shop. I finally sucked it up, bit the bullet, did the deed, took a deep breath, dove in. Who knows how it will work, and I'm scared to death to put my own work out there with a dollar value on it; but, you know, everybody has to start SOMEWHERE, right?? So, here I go. I started. Feel free to take a peek, and tell me what I might be doing wrong. What might be a better idea. I'm all ears. :D

For my inauguration, I just listed two things.



First is a little pin. Simple. Cute. I adore it. :p The cow is modeling it, up top. I didn't make the cow. As if.



Second is a little peasant dress, using a vintage sheet from here...I LOVE it!! I want one myself. :p

Wish me luck, guys.

______________________________________________________________

Today I am thankful for laundry weather. Self explanatory. :p

14 comments:

Leah said...

I'm so psyched--I love your work!

Liz said...

Good luck to you! I know it's going to be great - your work is amazing.

kristena marie said...

Yay! You're my hero. :)

Little Miss Flossy said...

Congrats on the shop - that's great news! THe Kiwis in this household are pretty stoked too, jumping and screaming and waving arms... but then you have eggs like the cricketers to bring you back to your senses!

The House That A-M Built said...

Oh congratulations. Both are just adorable. Aren't you clever. I can't sew a thing. A-M xx

Beth said...

good luck with your shop! I love the little cow!

Liesl said...

Great work on getting your shop up and running. Those girly things are beautiful. I especially love the Christmas dress (do you think there would be anything wrong with putting a 3 yo boy in one of those?!).

Good luck with your sales!!

CurlyPops said...

Congratulations! The shop looks great and I love the spiel that goes along with the items.
Hope you sell heaps and heaps!

Manjari said...

Totally awesome, sis! Little sis is very impressed! :-D Good luckishness!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations, and good luck!

M Plamondon said...

Congrats on your Etsy shop!! Wishing you all the best!

Lilli in Vancouver said...

I could see this coming a mile away, what with all your skills and enthusiasm. My advice? Ignore how sales are going (or not going) and don't try to guess what people would like. Instead, keep pouring your heart and soul into what you make, and develop your signature style over the long haul. People who 'get you' will find you, and won't that feel incredible.

Enjoy the Journey :)

Cindy said...

YEAH!!! I am so glad that you started up the shop. I so love the dress too - great job.

Juddie said...

Good luck! Lobe the colours and designs you chose ...

Related Posts with Thumbnails