Saturday, April 26, 2008

Don't let them dress themselves...

So this is the top I made for dd, using my pattern. It's nothing super fancy, but it's what she wants, and also within my very noob-ly capabilities.



It's a smock top, with a bodice that only comes to just under the armpits (trying to figure out how to phrase this so it doesn't pop to the top of the google searches of dubious nature..yoicks). It fits well around the armscye, which I am very proud of. But, being the very beginner that I am, I am not sure about the back bodice...it seems a little loose...and being so inexperienced with all this, I am not sure if I messed up the measurements, or if there was something I should have adjusted when drafting that pattern off the sloper pattern. Hmm. Obviously, more practice is in order! :D

And why don't let them dress themselves?? Just look at her. She refused to change out of that gawdawful teeshirt first, and totally brought down the awesomeness of my creation. A travesty. Kids should just stay babies, and wear what is put on them. Should be a law, or something. Would make sewing for them a lot simpler, too! :p

2 comments:

Liz said...

We can all see your awesomness despite the t-shirt. I am so not ready for my two to grow up...

Ms Dragonfly said...

it's great, i love the print!

Related Posts with Thumbnails