Thursday, June 12, 2008

Spare time...

I really need Corine right about here....I picked up a magazine, Maison Francaise, in Borders today, based on the cover...

I loved the bright colors, and all the graphic elements....I may not actually want them in my home, but they were gorgeous on the front, and I was looking forward to more inside! Sadly, I found all the interiors inside to be cold and seriously unwelcoming....I would put it down to being French style, and not mine, but I have seen enough French blogs around now to know French style is NOT all about grim and cold!

Aside from all that, though, it was all in French, and I couldn't understand a word! lol I was very proud of myself for being able to pore over the page and find the right information that let me find the stuff I WAS interested in on the net!! Go, me! :p

I found a couple of lights, that would be a continuation of my lighting post...I only found one picture, though....Marcel Wander's Zeppelin:

Come on...that's cool...who cares if it seriously reminds me of those bizarre performance art dancers stretching and pulling inside one of those fabric cocoon things! :lol:

The other was a vertical crystal chandelier by Herve Van Der Straeten..I couldn't find the picture, though, sadly. :(

Then there were these....umm..I am not saying I want to stay in one...but that's one of the most unique hotel rooms I have ever seen! lol


The other mag I picked up was Vogue Bambini, the Italian Vogue's children's fashion mag...I have got to say, seriously uninspiring. I mean, there were a couple of cute things in there, but nothing that made me lust after, and decide I needed to spend my last few bucks on it to take home for future inspiration. And looking at their website, gotta say, the Barbie line, the Looney Tunes line, and the Powerpuff Girls line, really brought down the tone of the place. Since when do I expect to see The Cartoon Network on an Italian Vogue site??? Oh...and the little Miss Blumarine mega tiny Daisy Dukes?? Just, no.

6 comments:

Tonya said...

How tacky! I would have expected alot more from children's vogue as well. What is with wanting to dress children like prostitutes?! Kinda sick!

LimonVerde said...

You have a new title image. It looks great.

Liz said...

I'm wondering if the hotel rooms use to be hyperbaric chambers.

Marita said...

I like that lamp too, it reminds me of a sea shell or urchin. Bugs bunny and porky pig meets Italian vogue..thats weird.

sharleen.2cupsofcoffee said...

Those hotel rooms are unique. My husband was just telling me that he wanted to stay in a cement tube. He was half kidding,but now I can tell him it's for real! Thanks

Sasparilla Sue said...

That lamp totally reminds me of those performance artists!!! How funny. And I've never been claustrophobic but those hotel "rooms" might just do it. They kinda remind me of those pod hotels in Tokyo.

Related Posts with Thumbnails