Monday, March 31, 2008

Woven Lotus..


Woven Lotus was started by my friend (of the hot hubby here)...I'll let her speak for herself:

Welcome to The Woven Lotus, this website was created to bring together people affected by sexual assault and abuse. Inspired by Threads of Compassion to create a Georgia chapter. We work with local rape crisis centers, hospitals, behavioral health facilities, and counseling centers to supply scarves and shawls to give to victims of sexual violence.

If you can knit, crochet, or sew a shawl or scarf we need you! The victims need you. If you have any supplies you would like to donate (yarn, fabrics) we would love to receive them.

I intend to make a few shawls (sewing....my knitting and crocheting are still too dubious, lol)...wanna join me?? All the info is on her site...have a look!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails