Friday, October 24, 2008

Apron love..

A little dress for a little girl..


Made from Ottobre 2/2005 design 12, but changed up a little, as usual. I attached a little apron, and rather than making elastic on the armbands, I did a little double row of shirring. That didn't work out quite as well as I was hoping...but I think that is the fault of my seriously deficient steam iron. Time for a new one, I think.


Also sewed a mock tie to the front, leaving the ends loose at the back to tie in a big bow (yes, I know my bow-tying capabilities are lame!! :p ) Oh, once again, busted into one of the thrifted sheets.

Came out really cute, I think!! :D

10 comments:

Bonbon Oiseau said...

so cute! i love the little "snow white" sleeves and the lovely little apron!

Liz said...

I've been meaning to subscribe to that magazine. Everything I see that comes out if it is lovely.

Liesl said...

What a beautiful little dress. I love the apron and the really pretty sleeves. I think the bow looks nice (but as you probably know the only things we tie in this boy household are the shoe laces).

CurlyPops said...

I love it! The apron is such a sweet idea...

Little Miss Flossy said...

What a lovely little dress, especially the apron.

Sasparilla Sue said...

That dress is so freaking cute! Almost makes me wish I had a little girl.

Barbara said...

SOOOOOO adorable! I absolutely love it! The apron is such a cute touch

Cindy said...

Ths combination of fabrics are so cute. The dress is just lovely.

Patty said...

It's adorable!

Veronica said...

That is CUTE. If only I was younger I would wear that.

Related Posts with Thumbnails