Saturday, December 27, 2008

A vegetarian Christmas dinner...


Okay..so these aren't the most appetizing pics in the universe. I couldn't help it...I was starving, and the food was sooo yummy, I just dug in before I could remember to take a pic. :p But this was our Christmas dinner, sans meat. We got the mashed potatoes (mixed with kumera, Maori sweet potato), the stuffing from scratch, tofu pieces soaked in Braggs, coated in a seasoned garbanzo flour mix and fried, a salad, and the roasted dinner, consisting of something created out of various soy products by my SIL that was totally yummy, some soy or gluten cutlet things from the Buddhist vegan restaurant, also totally yummy, and asparagus and peppers, all roasted, too. And, of course, cranberry sauce. Gotta have the cranberry sauce. :p



Dessert was my pumpkin pie, with a dollop of mascarpone...the pie was better even than last time, and the mascarpone took it over the top...



..and then these, made by SIL. The pictures may not look like they belong alongside Cannelle et Vanille, but trust me, they tasted like they did. A bitter chocolate/caramel mousse, seriously amazing.

By the time dinner was done, I couldn't move. The rest of them ate just as much, but that didn't stop them from having a rousing game of the annual cricket. I sat on the bench and tried not to burst. :p

4 comments:

Liz said...

Looks delicious - even without meat.

Mary-Laure said...

Hurray, a meat-free feast!
And that pumpkin pie... that mascarpone... to die for...

Laura @ the shorehouse. said...

Um...YUM. I'm a veg and would have looovvveeeddd to be a guest at your table! :-)

Hope your Christmas was merry!

Nic said...

Oooh, looks delicious! I have to do a completely veggie Xmas dinner too, and I don't think it looked as good as yours!
And don't get me started on the caramel mousse - it's beautiful!

Related Posts with Thumbnails