Sunday, May 04, 2008

Let me start off with....


...it is f------ COLD!!! And I do mean f------. I don't think I am going to survive this winter. I just wanna go hooooooooome! I miss the warm air and the warm ocean...I think I have been in it once since moving over here. I am just not interested in joining the Polar Bear Club. I like my toes non-frostbitten, thankyouverymuch.


I miss not ever knowing where either of my two pairs of socks are, cause I never have to wear them. I miss not having dry skin, cause the air is so humid. I miss the way the air smells like the ocean, and flowers, like the air is supposed to smell.


I miss a lot of things. I ESPECIALLY miss crack seed. You just can't GET proper crack seed anywhere else in the world, that I have found. And I have tried in several different countries, many different cities. I am not even sure it will be the same in Asia, cause most of it outside Hawaii is imported from there, and it just NEVER tastes the same. It's a serious tragedy.



And while I am at it....Whoever stole my yellow polka dot fabric, return it NOW, please. I KNOW someone stole it, cause I just tore apart my sewing room (with stiff, iced over fingers, hello), and it's nowhere to be found. Obviously, someone walked off with it. So, I'd like it back, please. I have projects hanging in limbo til I find it. Thank you.


Credits:
Beach: LookingForAdventure.com
Plumeria: ykarelic4
Crack Seed: Aloha Kau Kau
Polka dots: HouseFabric.com

3 comments:

Unknown said...

My husband is from Hawaii and he moved to Wisconsin (where I was raised) for me. He hopes to one day move back. I would love to for the weather but I am nervous since I would be SO far from my family. Plus I like snow (I am crazy I know!)

corine said...

The expatriate life can suck at times. I wish I could spend six months in France and six months in the US. (as long as two of those are in Kauia.)

Little Miss Flossy said...

Whoever took your yellow fabric is probably the same someone who nicked off with my half-made skirt, 7 buttons, 2 zips, a gold locket and my cookie press. It's bizarre!

I'm not a big fan of the cold either, just hanging out for Fiji later in the year...

Related Posts with Thumbnails